Sunday, February 27, 2011

Success story of Neil deGrasse Tyson and why not in Adwa

As a young man I was born and raised in a very poor country when compared to the well developed industrial nations. But I want to say we are not just poor...with nothing.

As a kid I had the tendency to look at to the skies. Not only me but every Kid does that. We ask questions. What is this and what is that? I remember that we used to call Moon that it is "nay ezgiher himbasha" i.e. Gods pancake.

All the stars had name. Amazing is that the early star which comes always first and brighter than all and the late star what we call it "kokeb tsibah"

Late when we grew up our teachers in science class thought us to paint a glass with black soot in order to minimize sun rays and look at sun in day time and know how it look like. When you look hrough the darken glass (soot on glass) the sun looks like the moon. All this are child hood memories. A lot of passion to know about nature and natural beings around us. Including question who are we? where do we come from? and the like.

I think every child in every corner of the world thinks same way regardless of wars, famine, migration and displacements. Some get the best and end up enjoying life some end their life some where. Luck, Gods deed or what I do not know but there is some thing I understand every human being is equally endowed with natural intelligence. To explore and express your knowledge and intelligence you need though, what? audience. Yes a good audience.

The most respected and known intelligent people in the world are those who were able to get a listening audience. Others do not. Furthermore they get support and help from their audience (community, government or what ever the source resource giver it may be is their audience). Others do not and die with out expressing what they think or know.

I am lucky to get enough time to write about what I remember as a child and relate it to the most famous people in the planet like Neil deGrasse Tyson. There are even some who do not have the chance to seat down and write what they think. They are occupied with daily responsibilities. Neil deGrasse Tyson is much luckier to be able to express and try to know deeply what is going on in the universe, Born in America raised in a family who understand and support and studied passionately in his garage from child hood. He brought it to the people through media. people listened and appreciated and helped him to grow more and better.

Until now I never listened over and over as many times as to Neil deGrasse Tyson's interview and Martin Luther Kings "I have a dream speech".  Neil deGrasse Tyson is hilarious, charismatic and very intelligent person.

Readers. or may be Neil deGrasse Tyson can you help us to help the disadvantage kids in Adwa and rebuild our collapsing school.

Cheers...am I mumbling or I make sense or I made my community look like beggars..I am not sure what you think about this little scratched note, drop me a line of comment and I will read them all. 

Cheers read science a lot.

Thank you

link for Neil deGrasse Tyson web site: http://www.haydenplanetarium.org/tyson/

No comments:

Post a Comment